Sunday, March 24, 2013

Is Your Personal Data Safe With Skype, Facebook, etc.?

Another thought-provoking article from Chriss Street.

In spite of assurances of using 128 bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption (don't ask me what this means--go ask an 8 year old), is our personal information when we use Skype, Google, Facebook, etc.?

My adult kids encourage me to use Facebook, and I do go on it 4 to 5 times a month. However, I'm just a little paranoid, after having spent years dealing with credit reporting agencies that mixed my credit history with other's, and the hours it took to straighten mistakes out.  Not to mention the negative impact on my credit...

Anyway...Chriss's article explains where there are risks of data mining, and also the loss of privacy due to the Patriot Act, etc.

Read about it here:

http://www.chrissstreetandcompany.com/2013/03/confident-security-skype-encrypted-services/


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS???